No more babies falling off the bed!
So I go to work only for 4 hours and the kids are out of school. Brad happens to work a day shift (which is rare) so Whit is in charge. Now, Carsyn since his surgery on his toe has become pretty mobile and none of us are use to it. So Whit sat him on her bed, turned around for a second and BAM! Carsyn tumbled off. I guess he was crying pretty good, no one thought of calling me at work. I get home Carsyn is still pretty upset so I held him. I could tell something was wrong. You couldn't move his left arm without him being in pain. I called Wee Care to see if they had any openings. All they had were openings 1 hour away with a physicians assistant. Nothing against PAs but when my son is that hurt I want to see a doctor with a degree so we decided (against my best judgement) to go to Davis Hospital. X-rays were done, and the doctor came back and said nothing was wrong with the X-rays and he "probably" just dislocated it he called it "nurse-maids elbow" he said it was common in infants and that he "should" be fine just give him Tylenol and Motrin. That didn't sit well with me. You couldn't even touch his arm, how was I going to go 2 days with a baby who is in pain I needed to get in with my regular doctor ASAP. How were we going to survive?!?! I asked if there was some way to stabilize his arm so it wasn't so painful so he sent a nurse in to ace bandage his arm against his tiny body. 2 days went by, he was still in pain. I'd take the ace bandage off and he would cry. I looked online and "nurse-maids elbow" is only caused by pulling a child by the wrists which Whitney said she didn't do that and if it was that after the doctor twisted and turned his arm it should have been better. So I called his regular doctor Friday and stopped by to grab the X-rays. When we got there the doctor came in and told us.. IT WAS BROKE! Like I thought. Nothing was wrong with the elbow. And not only that but a radiologist at Davis looked at the X-rays and NO ONE CALLED US with the results. Needless to say, my cute chubby 9 month old baby sports a green cast well and lessons were learned. Never go to Davis hospital unless your having a baby in the women's center.
Doc said.. Yep its broke. What color cast do you want?
0 comments:
Post a Comment